La Isleta is one of the most important neighborhoods in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, one of the most popular and loved, it is a historic neighborhood, very important to understand the evolution of the city.
It is characterized by the solidarity and cosmopolitanism of its neighbors, together with a very marked identity and a sense of belonging unprecedented in the Canary Islands.
Its most important value and characteristic is and has been the development of an unparalleled neighborhood community, with a unique history within the city and the archipelago.
La Isleta is undoubtedly the most cosmopolitan place of the islands, linked to one of the most important international ports in the world and which is also considered one of the most impressive urban beaches on the planet…
Located between Las Canteras Beach and Puerto de La Luz, La Isleta is full of beach and pier stories that tell life through the centuries.
What can you find?
We are a neighborhood full of culture, surrounded by volcanic, cosmopolitan, and supportive nature, where values remain the main asset of our neighbors.
In La Isleta we can enjoy a quiet and familiar atmosphere, its beaches two beaches.
- Playa de Las Canteras is an urban beach of more than 3 kilometers, which has natural protection that makes it a very safe beach. It is also ideal for learning to surf. Its promenade has plenty of restaurants and places to have a drink.
- Playa del Confital – is a wild, unbuilt beach, ideal to enjoy nature in the middle of the city, has one of the best waves in the world, and hosts world surfing championships.
- Mercado del Puerto – is a food market that has been converted into a leisure space, an ideal place to have a tapa and drink, also very close to our coliving.
- Puerto de La Luz and Las Palmas- We also have one of the most important ports in the world, so we are the economic engine of the city, this means that very close to Coliving there are more than 4 Coworking spaces
Characteristics of the neighborhood of La Isleta
The port activity, its history, art and culture, shops and gastronomy, conversations with its people as well as the surrounding nature: hiking, cycling routes, and water sports.
For all this, we can define the neighborhood of La Isleta in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria by the following characteristics
- Safe and popular neighborhood
- Very active social and community life
- Place of celebration of much of the festivities of the city, more specifically in the area of La Puntilla, without forgetting the important neighborhood festivals.
- Very well connected, with bus stations, taxi services, etc.
- Countless social and administrative services, health centers, police stations etc.
La Isleta is a place with a special magnetism, discover it with us.
Ecostore with fresh, local products, in bulk, and groceries for your sustainable shopping.
The perfect space for remote workers and digital nomads: a place to work and live in the community.
Beach, surf, hiking, biking, history, culture, and experiences in our surroundings.