We are canaries and it is something that we would like to highlight.
Ecoisleta is a sustainable initiative launched by, Rita, Jonatan, and their son Liam and daughter Mia, a Canary Islands family.
We hope this initiative will generate a positive impact on our neighborhood.
«You will find a family eager to meet new people but also to help them understand our culture and heritage, we love cooking, having dinners, or hiking in the nearby volcanoes»
Our engagement with the neighborhood
– We began to get involved in different social, environmental, and neighborhood initiatives in the La Isleta neighborhood in Las Palmas in 2008.
After years of collaboration with many different projects and NGOs, we realized that working for a sustainable neighborhood was the main challenge for our local community.
Because of this, we decided to open a small organic shop in 2014, very close to the Coliving, where you can find us during the week.
One year after opening the shop we bought an old house, we had been working to protect these houses for the last 12 years.
Who are we?
We are a family trying to live a simple life with meaning…
We love the sea, our neighborhood identity and history, outdoor activities, and meeting people from other countries and cultures.
– Rita Cabrera Rodriguez is an excellent mother, she has the best ideas in the family, together with her great intuition. She loves cooking, and spent time with our son and daughter on the beach.
We love our simple life, having a good dinner while chatting…
During the week she manages the shop, but on Friday she cooks in the Coliving, delicious Canary Islands recipes
– Jonatan Ortega Socorro with a great curiosity about other cultures, he is always in for a deep conversation, loves history, spending time with family and friends, good food, reading and a long day on the beach including the sunset, or walking in our volcanos.
He studies at two Universities, mainly History, and European Law, but after working with NGOs, Apple Computers in Ireland, and in a workshop in Las Palmas, he discovers his purpose, which is working for a sustainable neighborhood.
Helping you to have a happy experience in our coliving is one of his dreams…
– We invite you to read the story of our community, the obstacles we found on our way, and why we started this community… EcoIsleta Community story
We believe La Isleta is a place to discover, live healthy experiences, and preserve in a privileged environment to enjoy Ecolife in a sustainable way.
– We live and we are from the La Isleta neighborhood, where our Eco Coliving is located.
Ecoshop with fresh, local products, in bulk and groceries for your sustainable shopping.
The perfect space for remote workers and digital nomads: a place to work and live in the community.
Beach, surf, hiking, biking, history, culture and experiences in our surroundings.