Our EcoIsleta Coliving Las Palmas is looking for volunteers to help us understand and track our carbon emissions, the ultimate goal is to become Net Zero Emissions.
As you know we already have in place a strategy for becoming the first Zero Waste Coliving in the world.
But What is Net–zero emissions? – “Reaching Net Zero means removing an equal amount of CO2 from the atmosphere as we release into it”. “Will be achieved when all emissions released by human activities are counterbalanced by removing carbon from the atmosphere in a process known as carbon removal.”
Climate change commitments and global warming depend on it. Doing business without addressing a real commitment to solve this challenge is no longer acceptable.
At Net Zero we still generate carbon dioxide, but that equal amount is removed from the atmosphere.
We need to start tracking our carbon emissions in EcoIsleta Coliving Las Palmas, to reduce and compensate for them, that’s why we are looking for somebody to help us with this task, in return we offer she/he accommodation in our coliving for at least one month.
Ways to lower your impact in our Coliving;
- Bike as much as possible, you have free bikes in our coliving
- Eat less meat, you have the opportunity to eat fresh fruit and vegetables from our shop every day, you won’t miss it
- Buy less, you have everything you need in our Coliving to feel comfortable
- Turn out lights in empty spaces, it is up to you.
- Composting inside the coliving is possible, this reduce the amount of CO2 generated in our house
- If you want to visit the city or the island, you have all the busses and a Bus station very near the house